From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Formally have Council oversee the Foundation 2.0
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 18:02:55
1 On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 10:01 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I agree with William here.
6 > >
7 > > The SPI does not indemnify its associated projects or members.
8 >
9 > Well, on that I agree with William as well. I never claimed otherwise.
12 > > Its not clear to me how trademark enforcement works, for example. Its
13 > > something I am following up on as part of my SPI review (and FAQ) for the
14 > > Gentoo Board (and its members, all the stuff will be public.)
17 > Are you doing an SPI review? Based on the fact that none of the
18 > Trustees seemed interested in doing one I was actually going to reach
19 > out to them myself, but I'd certainly prefer that it come from the
20 > Trustees.
23 I also wanted a unified front (a bunch of people have been talking about
24 it.) I'll follow up on -nfp regarding who is doing what for SPI.
25
26 -A
30 > --
31 > Rich