From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Proposal for add-on file utility (run after emerge update)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 19:39:40
1 On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 05:33:22 -0400
2 "Walter Dnes" <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 07:05:55AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote
4 > > Alas, I couldn't attend the council meeting in-person, but it seems
5 > > like council missed the point of my request RE commits against
6 > > maintainer wishes (or maybe not - if so I'll happily shut up as far
7 > > as persuading the council goes). That said, I expressed it as a
8 > > general request in the hope to not have something systemd-specific,
9 > > and it sounds like that is not desired.
10 >
11 > I think the best way to avoid maintainer conflicts is to take this
12 > out of the hands of maintainers, and put it in the hands of users.
13
14 You mean you want a technological solution to a social problem?
17 Ciaran McCreesh