From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 16:40:02
1 On Thursday, December 1, 2016 4:27:12 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > I am serious. Please write it all down in a single, coherent piece.
4 > The whole story would certainly be of interest to many of us. But if
5 > you just give short fragments of it in various posts, we are unable to
6 > keep track of it and have no clue what did exactly happen and in what
7 > order.
8
9 You never will, it wasn't understood in the past. If people do not care enough
10 to research the matter and formulate their own opinion. Anything produced will
11 not really matter, because they do not really care.
12
13 If you do look, it does not take much, and my 1st email about returning months
14 ago pretty much said it all. People did not pay attention because they do not
15 care.
16
17 I do not expect anyone involved in Gentoo to really care about social matters
18 effecting another. This is a technical project. Most do not even care about
19 other parts of Gentoo they are not using or working in, technically. They
20 surely won't care about social things.
21
22 I also was not the only one and people like Alec Warner, Jorge Manuel B. S.
23 Vicetto, and others were around then and now. They could also shed light but
24 remain silent. I assume because they know the whole thing was wrong, very
25 wrong. But it might embarrass them and/or change things in Gentoo. Things they
26 do not want to happen, thus they stay silent.
27
28 If anything i did was that bad, it would be pretty easy to point to that
29 specifically. That applies to others as well not just myself. Why I say much of
30 this social stuff is BS if things cannot be provided publicly about how people
31 have breached the CoC in public mediums.
32
33 > > Why you cannot simply avoid commenting when you see my name. It is people
34 > > like you who go out of your way to make negative remarks towards others
35 > > that is causing this negative atmosphere in Gentoo....
36 >
37 > I try to. But then, there is always at least one person who replies to
38 > you and then I have 15 mails in my inbox, and I have to figure out if
39 > any of them has any added value.
40
41 Given how you have treated me anytime we interact. Just assume if my name is
42 involved it is of no benefit to you.... Seriously been one of the rudest people
43 I have come across in open source in some time. I do not mean that as
44 offensive but constructive criticism. Please self reflect. Read your comments
45 as if someone typed that to you. I really do not think you would like how you
46 treat others.
49 William L. Thomson Jr.