From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
Cc: Gokturk Yuksek <gokturk@g.o>, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2019-04-14
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2019 22:01:29
1 On 4/9/19 11:53 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 4/9/19 11:50 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 5:46 PM Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
4 >>>
5 >>> If you are to provide anything related to this, I'd suggest also
6 >>> providing (i) a template copyright assignment document that assigns the
7 >>> copyright of any work to the foundation (will only be valid in countries
8 >>> where this is allowed, including US), and (ii) a policy document when
9 >>> the real name can be disclosed when needed (e.g in a court case
10 >>> disputing the copyright).
11 >>>
12 >>
13 >> I think that this is starting to go off on a tangent, but a lot has
14 >> already been done on that front using the FSFe FLA as a starting
15 >> point. I wouldn't suggest that somebody just create something from
16 >> scratch. (And for those who are worried, the general thinking to date
17 >> is that it would be 100% voluntary.)
18 >>
19 >> That said, I really don't see how assignment helps here. I suggest
20 >> taking any discussion around that to a separate thread unless there is
21 >> a clear tie-in, and I don't think this is a direction Council is
22 >> likely to go in anyway.
25 > if the foundation approves pseudonym actors, an assignment from said
26 > person could have legal bearing but the identify wouldn't necessarily
27
28 s/identify/identity/
29
30 > need to be immediately disclosed except an additional tag that the
31 > person has signed an assignment document. of course that presumes that
32 > the rationale for pseudonym isn't copyright avoidance to begin with.
37 Kristian Fiskerstrand
38 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
39 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3