From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 15:10:32
1 On Mon, 05 Dec 2016 09:27:44 -0500
2 "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Monday, December 5, 2016 3:01:54 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
5 > >
6 > > However, some people have the quality of being toxic to the point of
7 > > causing Gentoo to lose multiple contributors (contributions), sometimes
8 > > over even a very short period of time. That's where disciplinary strong
9 > > actions from Comrel become necessary. Of course, that's a rare case but
10 > > it happened.
11 >
12 > Sometimes in taking action to protect the community. You kill the community.
13 >
14 > Such IS the case with Gentoo Java. Comrel drove me away, and killed the team.
15 > That is a FACT! The reason why is I helped to build the team and keep it
16 > together. I organized meetings, brought on more developers etc. For everyone
17 > who says I am toxic. History and facts will prove otherwise. Go look!
18
19 One does not exclude the other. Sometimes you have to weight between
20 two bad choices, and attempt to choose the lesser evil. Can you prove
21 that your coexistence with other developers will be beneficial
22 long-term to Gentoo as a whole?
23
24 Yes, we heard you the previous 50 times, Java is in bad state. However,
25 many other areas of Gentoo are not that bad. How can you guarantee,
26 especially considering your behavior so far, that your work on Gentoo
27 -- while causing improvement in Java status -- wouldn't cause other
28 developers to reduce their productivity on other areas of Gentoo?
29
30 > You all can say you are protecting the community by driving away people.
31 > People whom you are not working with. Not doing the work they would. Not find
32 > another to do the work. Your claim of protecting the community and not driving
33 > others away. Did literally just that. I am NOT the only one either!
34 >
35 > However no matter how many times those facts are brought up. No matter how
36 > long Gentoo Java goes neglected. People still deny the facts and refuse to
37 > change course. While more are NOT coming!
38 >
39 > This logic does not make sense, and there are no results to justify the
40 > approach.
41
42 I'm sorry for not finding a better word for it but this really sounds
43 like blackmail. 'You must recruit me, or your Java will suffer!' Do you
44 really think we ought to recruit people based on how persistent they
45 are in blackmailing us?
48 Best regards,
49 Michał Górny
50 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>