From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 14:27:49
1 On Monday, December 5, 2016 3:01:54 PM EST Michał Górny wrote:
2 >
3 > However, some people have the quality of being toxic to the point of
4 > causing Gentoo to lose multiple contributors (contributions), sometimes
5 > over even a very short period of time. That's where disciplinary strong
6 > actions from Comrel become necessary. Of course, that's a rare case but
7 > it happened.
8
9 Sometimes in taking action to protect the community. You kill the community.
10
11 Such IS the case with Gentoo Java. Comrel drove me away, and killed the team.
12 That is a FACT! The reason why is I helped to build the team and keep it
13 together. I organized meetings, brought on more developers etc. For everyone
14 who says I am toxic. History and facts will prove otherwise. Go look!
15
16 You all can say you are protecting the community by driving away people.
17 People whom you are not working with. Not doing the work they would. Not find
18 another to do the work. Your claim of protecting the community and not driving
19 others away. Did literally just that. I am NOT the only one either!
20
21 However no matter how many times those facts are brought up. No matter how
22 long Gentoo Java goes neglected. People still deny the facts and refuse to
23 change course. While more are NOT coming!
24
25 This logic does not make sense, and there are no results to justify the
26 approach.
29 William L. Thomson Jr.