From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008]
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 22:44:29
1 On Fri, 16 May 2008 18:39:03 -0400
2 Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > Ferris McCormick wrote:
4 > > And as I've said before, if we think a policy doesn't make sense, we
5 > > can change it. But changing a policy that affects Council and then
6 > > applying it retroactively gets tricky, because Council themselves
7 > > are part of the approval process.
8 >
9 > Nothing too tricky - council votes that the GLEP is to be modified
10 > retroactively. A few folks complain. Life goes on.
11
12 They don't have that authority. GLEP 39 wasn't approved as a GLEP. It
13 was approved by global vote, and retroactively written up as a GLEP
14 to make it easy to reference and find.
17 Ciaran McCreesh