From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fundraising for incremental service level
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 02:45:32
1 On 2020-07-18 Sat 19:19, Aaron Bauman wrote:
2 > Tim, are you stating that rewriting Portage is near impossible?
3
4 I was only stating my opinion with regards to pkgcore replacing portage
5 specifically at the current rate of development. It's not something that
6 will feasibly occur under its current development model; namely one
7 person working on something in their spare time.
8
9 External factors such as funding, more interest/contributors, etc could
10 potentially alter the situation.
11
12 Tim