From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Elections Results for term 2014-2015
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 14:26:47
1 On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 9:16 AM, hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
2 > Rich Freeman:
3 >> I think the only practical option is to try to prevent something like
4 >> this from happening again
5 >
6 > The reason this happened is IMO not just the failure of an election
7 > official, but the fact that it's technically even possible.
8 >
9 > Why is there any mapping between id and developer name (or why have the
10 > election officials access to this mapping... by definition it's already
11 > a non-anonymous election then)?
12 >
13 > I think it should be clear that this is also a technical issue and needs
14 > to be improved.
17 Sure, as much process as technical, but if the elections team is
18 looking for something to keep them busy until next year, this might be
19 worth some attention. It is also the sort of thing that anybody could
20 contribute to.
21
22 Heck, we could even migrate the sources to git while we're at it. :)
23
24 Rich