From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 04:20:53
1 Matthias Maier wrote:
2 >> I see a theme here. Gentoo has had a few problems for quite a while.
3 >> Based on what I've read over the past few months and certainly the past
4 >> few days, I don't see that changing anytime soon. 10 years from now, it
5 >> will be the same.
6 >>
7 >> Dale
8 >>
9 >> :-) :-)
10 > Yes, we have a problem.
11 > We have too many non-developers trolling our core mailing lists.
12 >
13 > Best,
14 > Matthias
18 I'm not trolling. I'm asking questions and giving ideas on some things
19 that could be done better and making personal observations to back up my
20 thinking. If that is considered trolling then what is a
21 developer/staff/etc called when he ignores suggestions or questions from
22 others who care about Gentoo and would like to see it improve? From the
23 Gentoo page:
24
25 "What is trolling? You are deemed to be trolling if you make comments
26 intended to provoke an angry response from others."
27
28 I'm not trying to provoke a angry response. I'm trying to get answers,
29 provide some suggestions and discuss problems. None of my posts fits
30 into what you claim.
31
32 See, this is part of the problem that has gone on for years. If anyone
33 asks questions that can not be ignored, they get called names which is a
34 personal insult. Again, from the Gentoo page:
35
36 "Unacceptable behaviour"
37
38 "Being judgmental, mean-spirited or insulting."
39
40 To call me a troll when I am only trying to get answers and provide
41 suggestions, that violates the code of conduct. The sad thing is, you
42 did it with a .gentoo.org account which makes it a official email. So,
43 now we have a official Gentoo person posting that a long term, LONG
44 term, user is a troll when they don't fit Gentoo's own description of a
45 troll.
46
47 Do you really want to stick with your comment? To be honest, you may
48 want to think about what you just did.
49
50 I want to discuss problems, work for solutions and try to make Gentoo
51 better. I'm not attacking, trolling or calling anyone else bad names or
52 anything of the sort.
53
54 Dale
55