From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 04:30:56
1 On Tue, 16 May 2017 23:20:45 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I'm not trolling. I'm asking questions and giving ideas on some
5 > things that could be done better and making personal observations to
6 > back up my thinking.
7
8 Yeah ... this .... is what I was afraid would happen :)
9
10 But its been a popular "technique" I've seen since ~2012 wherein people
11 who find other people who they can't reach an agreement with are deemed
12 "trolls", not because they *are* trolls, but because one of the parties
13 gets so emotionally frustrated by the arguments presented, that they
14 perceive the stubborn refusal to "see things my way" to be a deliberate
15 attempt at causing chaos ;)
16
17 I mean, "they disagree with me, I'm the fountain of knowledge on this
18 planet and I can never be wrong, so they must know this, and are
19 disagreeing with me just to make me unhappy"
20
21 Orrr something like that :)
22
23 I've taken to countering by assuming when somebody calls me a troll,
24 that they're saying "you're right, because I don't have the patience to
25 prove you wrong". ( Its probably a little disingenuous, but no more
26 than calling everyone you disagree with a troll )