From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 11:50:19
1 On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 12:51 AM, Ian Delaney <della5@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 21:46:31 -0500
3 > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
6 >> And this is the downside to conducting matters like this in private.
7 >> You're welcome to make whatever accusations you wish, and nobody is
8 >> really free to contradict them.
11 > How's this working for you / gentoo?
12 > Hint, this thread and its predecessors.
13
14 I do think this is preferable to watching everybody go back
15 and forth and line up and take sides (which is basically what happens
16 when you try to do something like this in public; just look at the
17 start of this thread). So, if you want to assume I was a part of
18 something sinister, then be my guest.
19
20 Apologies for sounding like a broken record, but one of the reasons I
21 write long emails is the anticipation of objections, like the one you
22 just raised, and which I had already responded to in the paragraph
23 immediately after the one you quoted.
26 > Can you promise you can bear to endorse reform changes that represent
27 > council's stance that directly contradict your own personal opinion.
28 > i.e. Once they hit council agenda items and council meetings, you vote
29 > according to the views and wants of the minuscule number of people in
30 > ian's fanclub?
33 I'm not sure I actually understand your question. Are you asking
34 whether I'd uphold a Council decision that I personally disagree with?
35 Of course, that's how we operate. Would I endorse a decision that I
36 disagree with? Probably not, and I wouldn't expect anybody to
37 "endorse" a decision they disagreed with. This isn't a cult. When I
38 vote I represent what I perceive to be the general needs/desires of
39 the entire community, and not any particular individual. On major
40 topics I try to be up-front about how I will tend to vote so that
41 people can decide whether they want me to represent them.
42
43 And I'm all for various reforms, as I've stated in the preceding
44 threads and in my manifestos, such as more oversight of comrel and
45 ideally some kind of resolution to the Council/Trustee split.
48 Rich