From: Ian Delaney <della5@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Evidence of idella4's damage to Gentoo, please
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 05:51:34
1 On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 21:46:31 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 8:34 PM, Ian Delaney <della5@×××××××××.au>
5 > wrote:
6 > > On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 18:48:33 -0500
7 > > Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
8 > >
9 > [...]
10 > >
11 > > My oh my oh my. How many times do I have to say it. Once more this
12 > > time in the ML. I DIDN'T SEE THE EVIDENCE. YOU REFUSED TO SHOW IT
13 > > TO ME DESPITE A FORMAL REQUEST via "SUBJECT: request for data"
14 > > leaving me to appeal by reverse engineering and deductive
15 > > reasoning, only to have ffffalll guy smirk and insist my detective
16 > > work was all wrong as usual.
17 >
18 > So, here is the problem with trying to have a conversation like this
19 > in public. I can't even confirm or deny whether you have been the
20 > subject of a comrel action or appeal.
21 >
22 > If I knew you were given an example of a situation where you had
23 > violated the CoC, I couldn't point that out either, nor could I cite
24 > situations where this very matter was discussed, were that to have
25 > happened.
26 >
27 > And this is the downside to conducting matters like this in private.
28 > You're welcome to make whatever accusations you wish, and nobody is
29 > really free to contradict them.
32 How's this working for you / gentoo?
33 Hint, this thread and its predecessors.
34
35 > However, I do think this is preferable to watching everybody go back
36 > and forth and line up and take sides (which is basically what happens
37 > when you try to do something like this in public; just look at the
38 > start of this thread). So, if you want to assume I was a part of
39 > something sinister, then be my guest.
42 Get over it. They have already.
43
44 > As Gregory said earlier, we need to avoid "being a community that
45 > doesn't want to offend anybody." I think people getting offended by
46 > issues like this is basically inevitable.
47 >
48 > I think that most of the general pros and cons to handling matters in
49 > private have already been discussed ad nauseum. If something new
50 > comes up that warrants a reply I'll do so, but otherwise feel free to
51 > refer to the countless responses I've already given as I don't think
52 > it profits everybody to hear them again. I'm not surprised that there
53 > is disagreement on a matter like this. I can only promise to be
54 > up-front about things and if people have a problem they're welcome to
55 > vote for somebody else. I can't really discuss what has transpired in
56 > any specific Council appeal.
59 Can you promise you can bear to endorse reform changes that represent
60 council's stance that directly contradict your own personal opinion.
61 i.e. Once they hit council agenda items and council meetings, you vote
62 according to the views and wants of the minuscule number of people in
63 ian's fanclub?
66 kind regards
67
68 Ian Delaney