From: "Anthony G. Basile" <basile@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Council <council@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Call for Agenda Items -- Council Meeting 2016-02-14
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 10:08:02
1 On 2/1/16 2:25 PM, Justin Lecher (jlec) wrote:
2 > Dear all,
3 >
4 > the Gentoo Council will meet again on Sunday, February 14 at 19:00 UTC
5 > in #gentoo-council on FreeNode.
6 >
7 > Please reply to this message with any items you would like us to discuss
8 > or vote on.
9 >
10 > Justin
13 Hi everyone,
14
15 Julian (aka hasufell) indicated to me in a private email that he's not
16 coming back to Gentoo. Of course, we all have these moments when we
17 feel frustrated and have to get away from the madhouse, but if hasufell
18 is serious, we need to do something with his packages. He maintains a
19 bunch of important packages and leads an important project (libressl).
20 I've taken on libressl and mbedtls as a second maintainer, but we should
21 think about the other packages.
22
23 If he's reading this, I would really like him back since he's a talented
24 contributor, but score low on charisma and I'm not sure I can persuade him.
27 Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
28 Chair of Information Technology
29 D'Youville College
30 Buffalo, NY 14201