From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 20:14:25
1 On Sun, 15 Jan 2017 15:02:53 -0500
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I'd prefer that transparency be done in an anonymous way. I'm fine
5 > with the individuals being affected by a disciplinary action
6 > voluntarily choosing to allow this information to be divulged.
7 > However, if somebody is the subject of discipline they shouldn't be
8 > turned into public examples for a few reasons:
9
10 Would a way for allowing such excluded members to set "away" flags,
11 and have the status of those "away" flags being visible in the relevant
12 channels be a suitable approach?
13
14 That way its up to the individual to set it, but the visibility can be
15 only binary, "away" or "present" ( much narrower than the dev-away system )
16
17 That way the interpretation and definition of that state is up to individuals,
18 and people who are given "you're banned" notices can be simply reminded that they
19 can change this flag if they want to.
20
21 That would at least solve the "user is unaware that person can't/wont action on bugzilla"
22 side of the problem.
23
24 You could allow it to be freeform, but I see that as too much a temptation as
25 a further venue to be abusive.