From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: ercpe@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Johann "ercpe" Schmitz
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 07:04:20
1 On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 10:00:01PM +0100, Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA512
4 >
5 > Good evening everyone,
6 >
7 > It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer. Johann "ercpe"
8 > Schmitz is joining us from Düsseldorf, Germany (yet another member for
9 > the German conspiracy huh? :) ) and he will be joining the java team
10 > for starters. Here is how he describes himself:
11 >
12 > "I started to use Gentoo during my apprenticeship as a software
13 > developer about 7 years ago. During this time I took over the server
14 > administration and consolidated the environment from various linux
15 > distributions on a single one: Gentoo.
16 >
17 > After spending the last 4 years on the dark side working nearly
18 > exclusively on Microsoft technologies, I'll be back as a full-time
19 > system administrator and software developer in September 2013
20 > maintaining a Gentoo installation on 30+ servers."
21 >
22 > Please give him a warm welcome!
23
24 Welcome on board the Gentoo boat. It is our aim to offer you a gargantuan
25 list of bug reports to deal with in an excellent functioning infrastructure.
26 Don't hope for Bugzilla to go down every month as your last 4 years of
27 experience might have suggested - it is here to stay to keep the bugs
28 flowing.
29
30 The crew's routine is to help you fix bugs and assist you in handling them
31 properly, but also to push you into writing documentation where
32 documentation is due.
33
34 Please keep your personal feelings in the cabins or express them in a mature
35 way so the crew can learn and improve while maintaining their daily routine.
36
37 The lunch and dining table will be set on the main undercover deck area
38 where the crew will serve you coffee, darker coffee, extremely dark coffee
39 and pure coffee mulch. For the kids, we offer the dev-games category.
40
41 I hope you will enjoy your stay and that you, in due time, tell us what the
42 "ercpe" abbreviation is for ;-)
43
44 Wkr,
45 Sven Vermeulen