From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Portage repo usage survey and change evaluation
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 12:57:44
1 On 02/01/2016 07:11 AM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > http://goo.gl/forms/5riWkN8VMK
3 >
4 > I've put together a quick survey about a number of potential changes to
5 > the rsync distribution that have been bike-shedded about in various IRC
6 > channels and the mailing lists for some time now.
7 >
8 > Questions:
9 > (answer them on the query, input via email will not be considered or
10 > bikeshedded).
11 > - do you use changelogs
12 yes
13 > - (rsync) exclude changelogs to save local disk space
14 no
15 > - (rsync) order of changelog entries?
16 the right order (reverse chronological)
17 > - Augment/replace rsync with git repo that has thick-Manifests, changelogs, metadata
18 No.
21 > I'll report the results not sooner than 2 weeks from now, but I might
22 > put together some intermediate results if I see anything interesting
23 > happening.
24 >
25 > P.S. For the crowd that wants to claim I'm depending on some non-open
26 > infrastructure, I'm not going to go through all of the hoops to set up
27 > some open source questionnaire infrastructure at this point. If don't
28 > like that fact that I've used Google, simply don't answer the survey,
29 > and feel free to complain about any results that I do end up collecting.
30 >
31 Eh, don't expect me to figure out how to operate such things :)