From: Sergey Popov <pinkbyte@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Fw: Your temporary 2 week suspension on interacting on the Gentoo Github page
Date: Tue, 16 May 2017 15:40:20
1 14.05.2017 17:29, William L. Thomson Jr. пишет:
2 > Today I receive notice of a 2 week suspension for the following
3 > comment. Completely after the fact, days later.... This happened on
4 > 5/10/2017. Maybe eve on 5/9/2017. Someone is trying to clean up a mess.
5 >
6 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/1721#issuecomment-299942259
7 >
8 > Gentoo is an absolutely absurd place these days. Repeatedly taking
9 > action for even the most minor comments. Which is NOT by any means any
10 > sort of CoC violation.
11 >
12 > Exactly why I never bothered appealing anything. The past will never be
13 > let go and I will always be sought out for any sort of punishment. No
14 > matter what this says to others outside Gentoo. Which per above
15 > contributors were already being neglected...
16
17 Your comment is full of personal thoughts, most of those have no
18 technical meaning for resolving pull request that is discussed there.
19
20 While i have nothing against expressing anybody's personal opinion,
21 there are places that are more suitable for that, for example - Gentoo
22 forum.
23
24 Bugzilla and Github are places where technical discussion should
25 prevail, with organizational stuff beeing minimized as much as
26 possible(well, maybe except for some non-public areas of Comrel or
27 Infra, which i am unfamiliar with).
28
29 My opinion - your post clearly falls into "Posting/participating only to
30 incite drama or negativity rather than to tactfully share information.",
31 maybe next paragraph of our Code of Conduct too.
32 Not sure, as i said, i have no affiliation with ComRel, so their
33 position may vary from mine.
36 Best regards, Sergey Popov
37 Gentoo developer
38 Gentoo Desktop Effects project lead
39 Gentoo Quality Assurance project lead