From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Notice of resignation of foundation membership
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2018 23:33:57
1 Well, apparently according to the bylaws, I need to give at least 30 days
2 notice per clause 4.8
3
4 Additionally I never signed my email with GPG so it's probably not even
5 valid anyway.
6
7 In the interim I've been encouraged to reconsider, so accordingly I'm
8 withdrawing my resignation, such as it is.
9
10 Things need to change in Gentoo though. I've had unsolicited encouragement
11 from no less than 5 people in this matter and it reflects a serious
12 cultural problem inside Gentoo. Apparently I'm not the only person who has
13 been driven to exile by toxic behavior. I'm sure everyone remembers zlg's
14 resignation as a trustee motivated by similiar reasons.
15
16 This is not healthy for Gentoo as a community, and ultimately as a distro.
17