From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 23:35:27
1 On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 5:17 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
4 > So, this has been debated before, so I won't elaborate on it
5 > extensively, but I think it would be healthier to have these sorts of
6 > users become developers and vote for both the Council and the
7 > Trustees, than to have two different constituencies, because this only
8 > increases the opportunity for conflict between these bodies.
11 I disagree strongly and think this is unwise because many may contribute
12 but not have time to go through the recruitment process or any interest in
13 being part of the project. Also, it is critical that there is
14 representation from outside of the project proper, as the Gentoo developer
15 world can become (many will argue that is already has become) a kind of
16 mono-culture.
17
18 My proposal was very specific and accomplishes what is necessary to ensure
19 user representation in decision-making and also ensures that current
20 behavioral issues are addressed.
21
22 -Daniel