From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Corporate affiliations of Council members
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 20:22:38
1 On 2020-06-24 22:08, Andreas K. Hüttel wrote:
2 > Am Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2020, 22:30:08 EEST schrieb Patrick Lauer:
3 >>
4 >> So, uhm.
5 >> I'll let you claim it was late and the beer was talking.
6 >>
7 >> But that's a totally incoherent hallucination you're projecting on me.
8 >>
9 > [...]
10 >>
11 >> Your hallucination that we don't update things is fascinating, but not
12 >> based on any observations.
15 > It's based on my observations of your Gentoo contributions.
16 > If the code quality at work is the same as in Gentoo, then nothing is updated.
19 Sigh.
20
21 You're /really/ aiming low these days.
22
23 So just for the record -
24
25 I've been a bit less active in gentoo land because my son had leukemia.
26
27 In February he had his immune system rebooted with a stem cell
28 transplant, so he's in a reasonably good state now.
29
30 As you may or may not be able to imagine this has been slightly
31 stressful and time-consuming.
34 I don't like to bring my personal troubles into the public sphere, but
35 claiming I'm lazy when you're very aware of the situation is quite
36 exquisitely rude. You should feel bad.
37
38 The shitty discussion style on the mailing lists has motivated me to not
39 actively engage in discussions, because within about 30 minutes we're
40 bikeshedding ad hominems instead of having a meaningful conversation.
41 It's just horribly tedious and unproductive, but "we've always done it
42 like this" etc.etc.
45 I wonder if all y'all communicate like this at work, or if Gentoo is the
46 safe space where you can let out all the frustrations ...
47
48 Anyway. Enough said.
49
50 May you dream of being happy.