From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o, overlays@g.o, qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] RFC: a few new rules for repositories in repositories.xml
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 03:51:54
1 Dnia 2015-05-16, o godz. 04:31:14
2 Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 1:19 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > > 4. Repositories need to conform to at least basic rules enforced by the PMS or the common subset of features supported by Portage, pkgcore and Paludis.
6 > >
7 > > Rationale: we don't want things to blow up hard in users' faces when they happen to add some repository. Alternatively, we need to mark non-PMS repositories as such.
8 >
9 > I think PMS conformance needs to be optional here.
10 >
11 > There are some very prominent overlays in repositories.xml which
12 > already do not conform to PMS. The kde overlay comes to mind.
13 >
14 > https://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/kde.git/tree/metadata/layout.conf#n29
15
16 Then we need a proper marking to mark the repositories for users of
17 other PMs appropriately.
20 Best regards,
21 Michał Górny