From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 14:51:05
1 On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:19 AM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > What if comrel is wrong? What if I am good for Gentoo and they have just kept
5 > me out and mistreated me for a long time? Where would Gentoo be if people
6 > that were driven away were still contributing all these years?
9 Ultimately the solution if somebody believes they're being mistreated
10 by comrel is to appeal to the Council. The Council doesn't take any
11 action on specific cases without an appeal. Indeed, the Council
12 doesn't even have knowledge of cases outside of appeals. However,
13 most of the concerns about accountability that some seem to have with
14 Comrel do not apply to the Council since it is a body that is elected
15 annually in its entirety.
16
17 I'm actually going to start a few threads on -project on the Comrel
18 process and whether aspects of it should change (which others are
19 welcome to join in on, but I'm going to try to launch separate threads
20 on different aspects of the process as I expect this to be
21 high-traffic). This is not going to be specific to any particular
22 case. But, the topic has come up recently and there are a lot of
23 people who want to see some discussion around this.
24
25 If somebody knows more about how other distros are handling these
26 sorts of issues I'm all ears. I can almost certainly guarantee that
27 most distros maintain some kind of code of conduct and enforce it. I
28 just don't know how they do it.
31 Rich