From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:01:50
1 On 04/10/2017 09:19 PM, Raymond Jennings wrote:
2 > What if the ratelimit was based on karma? Some sort of feedback
3 > mechanism where list readers could up/down-vote specific senders based
4 > on quality?
5 That turns the MLs into Reddit. Numbers create social influence and
6 distract from the focus of communication. It'd be a good way to
7 completely kill the MLs, though.
8
9 The simplest way I can think to implement it is adding a header. The
10 benefit is existing software can already filter by header information.
11 The downside is, unless you scrub it in the archives, people will see
12 what scores are, and that will create far more drama than anything
13 that's happened here.
14
15 I'm honestly surprised to see such recommendations.
18 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
19 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
20 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6