From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees: Gentoo Foundation - Treasurer Response!
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 10:48:08
1 On Wed, Jul 3, 2019 at 2:12 AM Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > At an outward glance, this does imply that some umbrellas would be
4 > cheaper than a CPA, while others would be more expensive; but the
5 > equation is more complicated, because we need to be careful about the
6 > accounting of services that the umbrella would provide.
7 >
8 > The equation therefore should be more of:
9 > Cost(Umbrella) vs [Umbrella baseline without umbrella-provided expenses]
12 You also need to consider the tax savings themselves if the umbrella
13 is 501c3. That is also a percentage of the net (the CPA costs being
14 deductible most likely).
15
16 You also need to consider services that we would receive that we
17 currently lack. After all, Gentoo hasn't spent a dime on CPAs for a
18 long time, but that was hardly a true savings.
21 Rich