From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Clarify language of GLEP 39
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2017 09:29:40
1 On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 20:58:04 -0800
2 Seemant Kulleen <seemantk@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > "It must have at least one lead, and may have many leads. The leads
5 > > are selected by the members of the project. This selection must occur
6 > > at least once every 12 months, and may occur at any time.
9 > If a project has n members, and by vote or policy or whatever, the team may
10 > decides
11 > that all n members are leads. In that case, I opine that the project has
12 > no leads.
13
14 Exactly the point I wanted to make. If everyone can be lead, then
15 no-load is pretty much equivalent here.
16
17 > > OR (if the Council wishes to allow no lead as an option)
18 > >
19 > > "It may have no lead, one lead, or many leads, and the leads are
20 > > selected by the members of the project. This selection must occur at
21 > > least once every 12 months, and may occur at any time."
24 > 6 up there, half a dozen here, and a pair of 3's already in the current
25 > language.
26 >
27 > Seems like a hard to avoid situation. I guess my question is: are the
28 > lead-less teams
29 > experiencing particular challenges?
30
31 Well, the proxy-maint team has been harassed multiple times about not
32 having a defined lead. For no specific reason, except:
33
34 a. some people claiming it is against GLEP 39,
35
36 b. ex-lead claiming the team is not run properly without him.
39 Best regards,
40 Michał Górny
41 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>