From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting [WAS: Council meeting summary for 8 May 2008] (fwd)
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:57:14
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2
3 > On Mon, 19 May 2008 19:25:14 +0100
4 > Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 >> No one here is arguing that we have a slacking Council, similar to
6 >> the "bad old days", are they?
7 >
8 > A Council that conveniently fails to turn up when discussing things
9 > that either don't interest them or that might make them look bad? A
10 > Council holding secret meetings and conspiring with the devrel lead
11 > behind the rest of devrel's backs? A Council that simultaneously says
12 > "yes, we were behind musikc's actions" and "no, it was solely musikc's
13 > decision"? That's a lot like the old days.
14 >
15 Saying it's someone's call and that you support them in making that decision
16 strikes me as the chain-of-command in operation.
17
18 And I note you're not saying that you think the Council have been slacking
19 in the way you outlined in your earlier post as the motivation for this
20 policy.
21
22 Politicking and sniping? Just like the old days; everyone else has moved on.
23 Why not just concentrate on your Gentoo fork[1]? Or is all this FUD just a
24 way of slowing down the competition? Well it's been working for 2 or 3
25 years, I can see why you keep on with the tactic.
26
27 I assume you won't be using the Gentoo tree, with its shoddy QA, for
28 exherbo?
29
30 [1] http://www.exherbo.org/
34 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list