From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arches.desc & GLEP 72 (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14)
Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 00:03:44
1 Lots of improvements implemented, see
2 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Dilfridge/GLEP:72
3
4 and the notes below for what was done...
7 Am Samstag, 6. Mai 2017, 18:35:08 CEST schrieb Michał Górny:
8 > 1. I think your example is a bit misleading -- unless I'm missing
9 > something, mips would be 'unstable' right now, and m68k would be
10 > 'testing'.
11
12 Fixed.
13
14 > 2. I can't say I like using magical keywords like 'testing'
15 > and 'unstable'; they're going to be confusing long-term
16 > I should point out that those terms are frequently used interchangeably,
17 > and adding disjoint meanings to them is least misleading. Perhaps a name
18 > like 'transitional' for the middle state would be better?
19
20 I replaced "testing" with "mixed". So now the three values are "stable",
21 "mixed", "unstable". I think that should be more clear.
22
23 > 3. What is the use case for 'broken'? Are we ever going to use that?
24
25 I don't really know of any, so I've removed this again.
26
27 > Rationale is 'why did I
28 > choose this specific solution?' -- e.g. choice of file format, keywords
29 > and basically answers to every useful question that has been raised.
30
31 Added, though I'm not sure it's really complete.
32
33 > > a. whether CI should enforce correct depgraph and how,
34 >
35 > Well, my approach for this would be that CI should enforce the same things
36 > as
37 > Repoman.
38
39 Changed the wording such that it's not repoman-specific anymore.
42 > > b. whether we should request stabilizing packages.
43 >
44 > We could, however, add one more column *only* for the (testing) mixed case,
45 > which states whether stabilization requests are required.
46
47 Implemented this, now we have a third column. That makes the specs a bit more
48 complex, but it's probably worth it. And the third column will nearly always
49 be empty.
53 Andreas K. Hüttel
54 dilfridge@g.o
55 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)