From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] arches.desc & GLEP 72 (was: Re: [gentoo-project] Items for Council Agenda, May 14)
Date: Sat, 06 May 2017 16:35:29
1 On sob, 2017-05-06 at 16:34 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 29. April 2017, 19:00:34 CEST schrieb Anthony G. Basile:
3 > > Hi everyone,
4 > >
5 > > The Gentoo Council will be meeting in two weeks. If anyone has any
6 > > issues we need to discuss, please let me know and I'll put it on the
7 > > agenda. Thanks.
8 >
9 > I've converted the arches.desc proposal into a GLEP, taking (some of) the
10 > mailing list comments into account.
11 >
12 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GLEP:72
13 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/User:Dilfridge/GLEP:72
14 >
15 > (the texts are identical at the moment, but if there are additional comments I
16 > can more easily adapt the version in my user space).
17 >
18 > I would like the council to talk about it and potentially give it a go-ahead.
19 >
20 > An implementation is still missing though.
23 ...and a rationale section to describe why you did the things this way.
24
25 Few notes:
26
27 1. I think your example is a bit misleading -- unless I'm missing
28 something, mips would be 'unstable' right now, and m68k would be
29 'testing'.
30
31 2. I can't say I like using magical keywords like 'testing'
32 and 'unstable'; they're going to be confusing long-term (compare:
33 the mess with stable/exp/dev for profiles). But I don't have a very good
34 idea how to it better right now.
35
36 3. What is the use case for 'broken'? Are we ever going to use that?
37
38 Plus, you have a few typos, you need to wikify it and other minor blah
39 blah.
42 Best regards,
43 Michał Górny