From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Recruitment issues and potential improvement
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2015 21:33:03
1 On 02/05/2015 01:21 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >
3 >> 2. Add an extra contribution period in which the candidate commits to
4 >> the tree through Pull Requests. Developers watch the requests, review
5 >> them and decide when the recruit is ready. We may extend this with
6 >> requirements like '3 different developers must review late activities
7 >> and evaluate them'.
8 >
9 > Alternative suggestion, get at least 5 ebuilds into Sunrise before we even
10 > consider you. :P
13 I would take this seriously. The reviews I got contributing to Sunrise
14 were really helpful. Doing it wrong and being corrected is the best way
15 to learn.
16
17 We can use pull requests or whatever, but actually writing ebuilds is
18 the best way to learn how to write ebuilds. There are hundreds of ugly
19 ebuilds and maintainer-wanted packages on bugzilla that we could assign
20 as homework.