From: Sarah White <kuzetsa@××××××××××.ovh>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: copyright attribution clarifications
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 20:51:11
1 On 11/23/18 3:42 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 3:23 PM Sarah White <kuzetsa@××××××××××.ovh> wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On 11/23/18 2:46 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 >>> Nobody is suggesting that multiple copyright owners shouldn't be
6 >>> allowed. Merely that multiple copyright owners shouldn't be named in
7 >>> the copyright notice.
8 >>
9 >> The interest in removing or discouraging a more verbose,
10 >> explicit copyright notice would suggest the only legitimate
11 >> interest should be assumed to be in "gentoo authors", and
12 >> for no other entity(s) or person(s) need have any stake
13 >> in having a well-structured copyright notice (any format)
14 >
15 > I'm not sure what "well-structured" means.
16
17 SPDX is well-structured, and was previously given
18 as an example (I believe it was in this thread)
19
20 quoted / cited message:
21
22 -------- Forwarded Message --------
23 Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: copyright attribution clarifications
24 Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2018 02:18:35 -0500
25 From: Sarah White <kuzetsa@××××××××××.ovh>
26 To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
27