From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-09-10
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:58:14
1 > > > Is this the only motivation? Drop all the effort that has been put into
2 > > > stabilization work on minor arches just for some impatient maintainers?
3 > > >
4 > > > Keywording/Stabilization is a process we all agreed on joining, so live
5 > > > with it.
6 > >
7 > > Minor arches holding up GLSAs and removal of vulnerable stable ebuilds
8 > > for 3 months or more is *not* acceptable, and not something I agreed
9 > > to when joining...
10 > >
11 > > If they can't even do security stabilizations in a reasonable
12 > > timeframe, they have no business being considered stable arches.
13 >
14 > I think this is a good point but again needs to be defined somewhere
15 > besides comments on a ML. If an ARCH is not able to respond to a GLSA
16 > within a reasonable timeframe due to lack of developer resources, then it
17 > shouldn't be offically supported by Gentoo Linux.
18
19 The braindead thing is that the GLSA is only going out after all arches have
20 stabilized.
21
22 Meaning, the slowest arch in practice blocks the GLSA process.
25 Andreas K. Huettel
26 Gentoo Linux developer
27 kde, sci, arm, tex, printing