From: Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-09-10
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 15:34:12
1 On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 09:16:03PM +0800, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 29 August 2013 14:09, Michael Weber <xmw@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On 08/28/2013 01:15 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
4 > >> The feedback on the original question was mostly positive.
5 > >> Most people agree that the long stabilization queues for these
6 > >> architectures create problems
7 > >> for maintainers wishing to drop old versions.
8 > > Is this the only motivation? Drop all the effort that has been put into
9 > > stabilization work on minor arches just for some impatient maintainers?
10 > >
11 > > Keywording/Stabilization is a process we all agreed on joining, so live
12 > > with it.
13 >
14 > Minor arches holding up GLSAs and removal of vulnerable stable ebuilds
15 > for 3 months or more is *not* acceptable, and not something I agreed
16 > to when joining...
17 >
18 > If they can't even do security stabilizations in a reasonable
19 > timeframe, they have no business being considered stable arches.
20
21 I think this is a good point but again needs to be defined somewhere
22 besides comments on a ML. If an ARCH is not able to respond to a GLSA
23 within a reasonable timeframe due to lack of developer resources, then it
24 shouldn't be offically supported by Gentoo Linux.
25
26 The problem is that a "reasonable timeframe" is not defined AFAIK and
27 what happens to an ARCH that fails here is not defined. Let's move away
28 from peoples presonal idea on the matter and define a policy or GLEP.
32 Jack Morgan
33 Pub 4096R/761D8E0A 2010-09-13 Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o>>
34 Fingerprint = DD42 EA48 D701 D520 C2CD 55BE BF53 C69B 761D 8E0A