From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Code of conduct (was: Council meeting: Tuesday 2013-10-08, 19:00 UTC)
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2013 19:07:48
1 On 07:35 Tue 01 Oct , Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 6:51 AM, Tomáš Chvátal <scarabeus@g.o> wrote:
3 > > We had proctors project which failed up horribly, thats why I put something
4 > > else that does not have the stigma.
5
6 Yeah, good call. Other less hostile options are things like community
7 action team, community response team, or just the vaguer community
8 relations.
9
10 > Honestly, it seems to me that this failure is almost the entire reason
11 > that we're re-writing the thing, and I don't really see how the new
12 > version is any different from the old. I think the previous failure
13 > was in execution, not in concept (and I don't blame the Proctors
14 > themselves for that).
15
16 I agree. It's in large part because we as a council failed to back them
17 up sufficiently. As soon as they got any heat, they were on their own.
18
19 The policy is fine, what we need is the execution and the high-level
20 support behind it.
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie
25