From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: prometheanfire@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: live ebuilds, masking in p.mask or with empty keywords
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 21:16:44
1 Dnia 2013-11-03, o godz. 14:13:16
2 Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > On 11/03/2013 05:05 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
5 > > On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 12:03 AM, Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o> wrote:
6 > >>>
7 > >>
8 > >> We already have an existing policy, which is option 1.
9 > >
10 > > Citation?
11 > >
12 > > I've been masking live ebuilds with option 2 ever since QA filed a bug
13 > > telling me to - I don't think that policy was written down either.
14 > >
15 > > What is written down is:
16 > > "Live" cvs.eclass ebuilds are generally only intended for the
17 > > convenience of developers and should always be masked with a ~[arch]
18 > > keyword. [1]
19 > >
20 > > That would be none of the above - half the tree is "masked" with ~arch
21 > > keywords. I'm not suggesting that this is the right way to do it -
22 > > only that there certainly is nothing approaching a clear policy on the
23 > > matter.
24 > >
25 > > Rich
26 > >
27 > > [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=1&style=printable
28 >
29 > I feel that we need some way for live ebuilds to be unmasked. For
30 > instance, there are openstack ebuilds are available that track stable
31 > branches in git. These are very useful as they tend to get bugs before
32 > a release is made. Backporting patches is no fun. I could see 9999
33 > packages getting p.masked but not something like 2013.1.2.9999.
34
35 You can do:
36
37 <dev-python/foo-9999 **