From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Looking for ways the Foundation can accomplish its mission.
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2018 20:47:41
1 Hi,
2
3 can we please first sort the current tax issues and ensure that the
4 foundation will keep its non-profit status before we do anything else?
5
6 Once this is solved and foundation is back on track and healthy,
7 foundation should provide an up-to-date financial report of current
8 situation and future estimations. Based on this information we can decide
9
10 - if we have any money to spend
11
12 - if we can run a one-time only event before we run out of money
13
14 - or if we have a regular income we can rely on which will allow us to
15 do things which require recurrent spending or at least doing things regular
18 ...but asking for ideas how we can spend money and things like that when
19 there's still a risk that we will lose non-profit status or lose our
20 current assets if IRS loses patience when we will miss next deadline
21 doesn't sound like the right order of priorities.
25 Regards,
26 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
27 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5