From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: copyright attribution clarifications
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 02:04:17
1 On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 9:48 AM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2
3 The GLEP says about the "Simplified Attribution":
4
5 > Projects using this scheme must track authorship in a VCS, unless they list all authors of copyrightable contributions in an AUTHORS file.
6
7 Would it be acceptable on your side to be listed in the AUTHORS file
8 (which as far as I know has not been created yet)?
9
10 I'd be perfectly happy to ship an AUTHORS file in the ebuild repo that
11 contains the names and emails of everyone and every company that has
12 contributed to the repo.