From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: mattst88@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: copyright attribution clarifications
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 15:20:58
1 On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 06:04:00PM -0800, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 9:48 AM William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > The GLEP says about the "Simplified Attribution":
5 >
6 > > Projects using this scheme must track authorship in a VCS, unless they list all authors of copyrightable contributions in an AUTHORS file.
7 >
8 > Would it be acceptable on your side to be listed in the AUTHORS file
9 > (which as far as I know has not been created yet)?
10
11 I will get this answer today once I get to the office.
12
13 There was also talk about adding a tag to commits that listed the
14 copyright holder for that commit but it never went anywhere. I would
15 propose something like:
16
17 Copyright: <copyright notice>
18
19 > I'd be perfectly happy to ship an AUTHORS file in the ebuild repo that
20 > contains the names and emails of everyone and every company that has
21 > contributed to the repo.
22
23 We probably should do this anyway and ship the AUTHORS file as part of
24 the rsync repository. You don't need it for the git repo since the
25 information is available via VCS.