From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-05-13
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 15:34:53
1 On 03/05/18 16:20, Richard Yao wrote:
2 >
3 >> On May 3, 2018, at 11:10 AM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> On 03/05/18 16:00, David Seifert wrote:
6 >>> While we're in the process of creating busywork, I'd also like to
7 >>> request a casual audit/overview of
8 >>>
9 >>> - Ada
10 >>> - Antivirus project
11 >>> - Cjk
12 >>> - Embedded
13 >>> - Tcltk
14 >>> - Theology
15 >>>
16 >>> I would like a personalised 1-page report per project from the council,
17 >>> with confirmation from 2 out of the big 4 auditing firms (Grant
18 >>> Thornton is also permissible).
19 >>>
20 >>> Kind Regards
21 >>> David
22 >>>
23 >> And for those who didn't notice it ..
24 >>
25 >> </sarcasm>
26 >>
27 >> +1 to Soap also.
30 >> For anyone still in any doubt about the council's purpose .. they
31 >> rubber-stamp (ie ratify) or revoke (ie. cancel) proposals. They don't
32 >> come UP with the proposals, that's YOUR job. They don't DO work - they
33 >> just meet up and take credit. If you think they SHOULD be doing some
34 >> WORK .. maybe you want to vote in some new members next election cycle ..
35 > This is correct, although I wonder who would want to run for the council if it were to entail doing more than just saying yes or no to things. They can already volunteer to do those other things outside of the council.
36 >> </just sayin>
39 Whilst I do agree with the synopsis, I fail really to see the point of
40 the council's existence .. ditch it and just have a dev vote. Quorum+
41 majority carries .. why bother with it?! yanno?!