From: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2018-05-13
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 15:20:18
1 > On May 3, 2018, at 11:10 AM, M. J. Everitt <m.j.everitt@×××.org> wrote:
2 >
3 >> On 03/05/18 16:00, David Seifert wrote:
4 >> While we're in the process of creating busywork, I'd also like to
5 >> request a casual audit/overview of
6 >>
7 >> - Ada
8 >> - Antivirus project
9 >> - Cjk
10 >> - Embedded
11 >> - Tcltk
12 >> - Theology
13 >>
14 >> I would like a personalised 1-page report per project from the council,
15 >> with confirmation from 2 out of the big 4 auditing firms (Grant
16 >> Thornton is also permissible).
17 >>
18 >> Kind Regards
19 >> David
20 >>
21 > And for those who didn't notice it ..
22 >
23 > </sarcasm>
24 >
25 > +1 to Soap also.
28 > For anyone still in any doubt about the council's purpose .. they
29 > rubber-stamp (ie ratify) or revoke (ie. cancel) proposals. They don't
30 > come UP with the proposals, that's YOUR job. They don't DO work - they
31 > just meet up and take credit. If you think they SHOULD be doing some
32 > WORK .. maybe you want to vote in some new members next election cycle ..
33
34 This is correct, although I wonder who would want to run for the council if it were to entail doing more than just saying yes or no to things. They can already volunteer to do those other things outside of the council.
35 >
36 > </just sayin>