From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:44:22
1 On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 10:41 AM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 11:38 AM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
4 > wrote:
5 > >
6 > > Sure, the Trustees have no authority over these volunteers -- as long as
7 > > they are not operating under the Gentoo name, Gentoo infrastructure,
8 > Gentoo
9 > > repos, not using the Gentoo logo, Gentoo domains, etc. They are totally
10 > free
11 > > to leave the project which is run by the Trustees, and then the trustees
12 > > have no authority over them. But as long as they are on a project called
13 > > "Gentoo Linux", the trustees have the authority to remove assholes from
14 > the
15 > > project if they so desire.
18 > I'm sorry, was this supposed to represent the pro-openness side of the
19 > debate?
22 I have no agenda here other than to enlighten those who don't really
23 understand the concept of Trustees. I am not part of any debate regarding
24 mailing lists, etc.
25
26 -Daniel