From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Council meeting 2015-04-14: call for agenda items
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2015 23:23:22
1 On 04/07/15 11:38, Michael Palimaka wrote:
2 > On 07/04/15 08:22, Matt Turner wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> For instance, in this topic I haven't seen any comment from
5 >>> alpha/ia64/sparc arch teams...
6 >> I haven't commented because I don't honestly believe people care.
7 >>
8 >> I'm really disappointed that the discussion is entirely about creating
9 >> keyword-dropping policies and no one is asking whether there are
10 >> things we can do to make keyword/stable requests a more streamlined
11 >> process. But, that kind of thing seems to be par for the course on
12 >> this list.
13 > We've heard very little from arch teams at all, let alone proposals for
14 > improving the stabilisation process. That's the main reason this sort of
15 > topic keeps coming up.
19 I don't want my silence to be misinterpreted regarding ppc and ppc64.
20 For those arches, I'm willing to trim back on stabilization, but I
21 really don't want to drop to ~ as we did for mips. In fact, I'm
22 thinking of turning mips itself back into a stable arches with just the
23 @system packages being candidates for stabilization. The reason I like
24 this approach is when I build stage3's I can control what I know will
25 build (stable packages) vs the latest packages added to the tree
26 (~arch). Nothing is more painful than have to manually intervene in a
27 bunch of catalyst builds. Being able to control what will be built via
28 stable keywords saves time and effort.
31 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
32 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
33 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
34 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
35 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA