From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: gnome@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] March 2018 Gentoo GNOME project lead Election Results
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 00:46:27
1 On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 11:43 AM, Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > In order to ensure the Gentoo GNOME project is in a good enough
5 > standing in terms of GLEP:39 requirement of lead "selection must occur
6 > at least once every 12 months", a lead election was conducted on the
7 > project e-mail alias. This started on 14th March 2018.
8 >
9 > All project members were nominated with a one week acceptance via GPG
10 > signed mail period, followed by a one week period of voting via GPG
11 > signed mail to the project alias. In case of equal votes for the
12 > winners, they would become co-leads and otherwise the one with most
13 > votes would be the lead. A provision was made, in case there is only
14 > one nominee accepting, to conclude the election immediately after
15 > nomination acceptance period, making the only accepting member the
16 > lead.
19 > The nomination acceptance period ended on 21st March 2017 with only one
20 > acceptance. Thus the only accepted nomination immediately became team
21 > lead.
22 >
23 > As a result:
24 > leio remains the GNOME team lead.
25
26 Congratulations :)
27
28 I admit that I was interested to hear how many voted vs not, if only
29 to get some kind of indication of life from some of the GNOME team
30 members. Really not sure why the team has become so inactive.
31
32 Perhaps now would be a good time to ask for assistance getting GNOME
33 3.26 (and now 3.28...) into the tree? At some point, well past where
34 we are now, being behind only causes it to be harder to catch up
35 because you can't get upstream support. I know I've had at least one
36 GNOME bug closed as "fixed in 3.26. update your software." :(
37
38 Attempting to stabilize 3.26 at this point, when it's not even in tree
39 six months later, and 3.28 is already out, seems to be a futile
40 exercise. Is it possible to jump straight to 3.28 and attempt to catch
41 up?