From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-08-12
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 10:25:22
1 >>>>> On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Michał Górny wrote:
2
3 > I would additionally like to ask Council to consider a three more
4 > items for EAPI 6.
5
6 > Specifically:
7
8 > 1. passing additional configure options (using the usual --help
9 > magic):
10 > [...]
11
12 > 2. additional default suffixes for dohtml: bug #423245 [3].
13 > [...]
14
15 > 3. build-time switching variant of || (): bug #489458 [4].
16
17 I'd rather not add further features to EAPI 6, otherwise it'll never
18 be finished. I don't see items 1 and 2 as essential features. In
19 addition, comments on the bugs for item 1 seem to indicate that it
20 will break some packages.
21
22 Concerning item 2, dohtml already has a -A option that allows adding
23 further extensions to the list. It doesn't have any option for their
24 removal, so I've mixed feelings about adding further extensions as
25 default.
26
27 Item 3 would be important enough to add it. OTOH, it still is in the
28 flow; your comment #14 was posted to the bug only today (!). There are
29 at least two previous examples where we have had bad experience with
30 such last-minute changes.
31
32 Ulrich