From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] ComRel / disciplinary action reform proposal
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 18:06:55
1 Hi,
2
3 Just a short answer to few of debate points.
4
5 On Mon, 16 Jan 2017 00:25:34 +0000 (UTC)
6 "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
7
8 > On Sun, 15 Jan 2017, Michał Górny wrote:
9 > * Council isn't and shouldn't be the direct appeal body for all decisions
10
11 Well, my rationale was simple. If ComRel issues e.g. mailing list bans,
12 people get one appeal only. Now, if IRC behavior gets multiple appeals,
13 that sounds a bit unfair to me. Of course, we could separate more teams
14 out of ComRel but that sounds going back the devrel/userrel route.
15
16 Just to be clear, it's not very important to me.
17
18 > * You don't mention some social network sites and I'm sure some want to
19 > address those as well. IIRC, most of those, where we had an official
20 > presence, were tied to PR.
21
22 I've mentioned just some examples. I think the same rules should apply
23 to our moderators wherever Gentoo is represented officially.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny
28 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>