From: Pavel Kazakov <nullishzero@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 00:21:21
1 On 10/19/2013 08:29 AM, Ben de Groot wrote:
2 > On 16 October 2013 23:53, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I'd like to announce a new Gentoo Developer, Pavel Kazakov (nullishzero).
4 >>
5 >> He's going to fix all LXDE bugs ;-) and may also help with Russian
6 >> translations. As for now Gentoo LXDE herd is maintained by only two
7 >> Gentoo Developers (hwoarang and vostorga), I'm sure they'll welcome some
8 >> additional commits.
9 >>
10 >> Here's a more detailed introduction in Pavel's own words:
11 >>
12 >> "I'm a huge fan of free (as in freedom) software, and I'm also a pretty
13 >> active chess player. I currently work on the API Platform for one of the
14 >> major telecommunications companies, where I get to use Gentoo for
15 >> software development :). I found Gentoo a few years back, and it's been
16 >> my favorite distribution ever since."
17 >>
18 >> Please give him a warm welcome!
19 >>
20 >> Paweł
21 >>
22 > Welcome!
23 >
24 > Since LXDE and Razor-Qt are in the process of merging, I suppose we
25 > should join efforts. I'm planning to add live ebuilds for the newly
26 > merged LXDE-Qt packages to our qt overlay soon-ish.
29 Thanks!
30
31 Joining efforts sounds good to me. I've been following the lxde mailing
32 list, and they've made some really good progress lately. Feel free to
33 reach out to me if you need help with any tasks.
34
35 Regards,
36 Pavel