From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Social Contract clean-up
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 22:53:10
1 On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 6:24 PM, Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
4 > wrote:
5 > > On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 4:22 PM, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
6 > >>
7 > >>
8 > >> You didn't propose soliciting feedback from users. You proposed
9 > >> giving non-contributing users the power to vote for members of the
10 > >> board of directors.
11 > >
12 > > No I did not. I did not propose any changes to the current policies for
13 > > membership in the Foundation.
14 >
15 > As I quoted in that email, you proposed: Encourage Gentoo users to
16 > become members of the Foundation through outreach and other
17 > initiatives.
20 Well then I'm glad we found the source of our confusion. In this context, I
21 use the word "user" to refer to non-Gentoo-developer members, and potential
22 members, if they meet the criteria for membership. You perform outreach to
23 the user community and those who qualify for membership can become members,
24 and those that don't qualify would not.
25
26 User Representatives can also represent the needs of non-member users, but
27 these non-member users would not be voting for trustees.
28
29 I am proposing absolutely no changes to the criteria for membership in the
30 Foundation.
31
32 Best,
33