From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:41:10
1 On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 3:10:17 PM EDT Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
3 >
4 > <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > As lead of Comrel you should specifically addressing the topic of any
6 > > appeal. You should be able to clarify my status and what I would be
7 > > appealing to council.
8 >
9 > The onus of any appeal is on you.
10
11 What decision am I seeking to appeal or reverse? This is what I am asking
12 clarification of...
13
14 > If he felt that there was anything to appeal he wouldn't have issued it in
15 the first place.
16
17 While also not stating what I would be appealing... What decision? What
18 ruling?
19
20 > An appeal is
21 > the result of a disagreement over a decision. If you ask a judge what
22 > part of his decision was wrong and should be appealed, he'll tell you
23 > that there was nothing wrong with his decision.
24
25 A judge issues a ruling, guilty, not guilty, etc. What is my status? What is
26 the decision I am seeking to appeal?
27
28 Appeal that comrel won't let me be recruited? Appeal that comrel wants to see
29 work that exists? Appeal how comrel deals with matters? Appeal comrel/devrel
30 actions from 2008?
31
32 > That doesn't mean
33 > that you can't appeal, it simply reflects the fact that any judge is
34 > going to do their job however they feel is best. If they knew in
35 > advance there was a mistake in their ruling they wouldn't have made it
36 > in the first place.
37
38 What is the ruling in my case? Other than I cannot be a developer...
39
40 > If you disagree with something Comrel did, then appeal whatever it is
41 > that you disagree with. If you're fine with it, then don't. Either
42 > way, if you don't appeal (either to Comrel as a whole or Council)
43 > nothing is likely to change regarding your specific case.
44
45 You want me to file an appeal on disagreements on Comrel actions? That would be
46 lengthy appeal...
47
48 I know nothing will change, others comments have pretty much ensured that.
49 Appeals are futile a waste of the councils time, etc. If I win an appeal it
50 gets even worse.
51
52 It is much easier to do nothing and let Gentoo continue to bit rot and lose
53 people rather than gain them...
56 William L. Thomson Jr.