From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Trying to become a Gentoo Developer again spanning 8 years...
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 19:10:22
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2016 at 3:03 PM, William L. Thomson Jr.
2 <wlt-ml@××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > As lead of Comrel you should specifically addressing the topic of any appeal.
5 > You should be able to clarify my status and what I would be appealing to
6 > council.
7
8 The onus of any appeal is on you. If he felt that there was anything
9 to appeal he wouldn't have issued it in the first place. An appeal is
10 the result of a disagreement over a decision. If you ask a judge what
11 part of his decision was wrong and should be appealed, he'll tell you
12 that there was nothing wrong with his decision. That doesn't mean
13 that you can't appeal, it simply reflects the fact that any judge is
14 going to do their job however they feel is best. If they knew in
15 advance there was a mistake in their ruling they wouldn't have made it
16 in the first place.
17
18 If you disagree with something Comrel did, then appeal whatever it is
19 that you disagree with. If you're fine with it, then don't. Either
20 way, if you don't appeal (either to Comrel as a whole or Council)
21 nothing is likely to change regarding your specific case.
24 Rich