From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-project <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Cc: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Proposal for Trustees: Reflect CoC in Bylaws
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 07:05:26
1 On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 > (Please respond on the gentoo-project list, it gets a lot more traffic
3 > than NFP).
4 >
5 > The Gentoo Foundation bylaws [1] do not presently bind any member to
6 > agreeing to the Code of Conduct.
7 >
8 > I propose that the addition of a new section to the bylaws:
9 > ====
10 > Section 4.11: Responsibilities of Members
11 > All members, trustees and officers of the foundation shall commit
12 > themselves to acting with integrity and respecting the Gentoo Code of
13 > Conduct as a minimum standard.
14 > ====
15 >
16 > For the record, the bylaws include a clause for termination of
17 > membership, by majority vote of trustees. I feel this is sufficient in
18 > addition to the comrel responsibilities and CoC 'Consequences' section,
19 > but would encourage comrel to recommend to the Board the termination of
20 > membership in appropriate cases.
21 >
22 > [1] https://web.archive.org/web/20140822043402/http://www.gentoo.org/foundation/en/BylawsAdopted.xml
23 > The link is broken on the new website.
24 >
25 > --
26 > Robin Hugh Johnson
27 > Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead
28 > E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
29 > GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
30
31 I moved a copy of the bylaws to the wiki.
32
33 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Gentoo_Foundation_ByLaws
34
35 Regards,